2018 Scotiabank Charity Challenge
Vancouver Urban Ministries has joined the Scotiabank Charity Challenge this year! Join our team and run for VUM on June 24th.
Our Executive Director, David Innes, will be taking up the challenge, and leading a team for the half-marathon! If a half marathon is a step too far for you, our Admin Coordinator, Greta Lin, will be leading a 5k fun run team!
All the money we raise together from sponsorship will allow us to provide materials for 10 new kids in our free specialised tutoring program.
You don’t have to be an athlete to join. In fact, few of us have ever run before or ever fundraised before either. All you need is a passion for helping disadvantaged little kids with learning difficulties because that’s what unites us as a team and carries us together over the finish line!
When you join VUM's team we will provide you with:
• A race training schedule
• Fundraising tools, ideas, and tips
•Team photos and race day photos
•The fun of being part of a dedicated team
•Special pre-race reception where you’ll get more information about VUM's tutoring program and meet your fellow team members
•The heartfelt gratitude of disadvantaged little kids in East Vancouver that you’re literally stepping up for. Every step you take will help a little kid take big strides in their education.
Come and join the team and help transform the prospects for a little kid in the poorest neighborhoods of East Vancouver. You can join our team as an individual or ask others in your church, workplace, or social group to join you and run together for VUM.
How to Joing the Charity Challenge?
- Go to vancouverhalf.com and click Register
- Select the registration option for Scotiabank Vancouver Half Marathon & 5k
- In the new window, click Register
- When prompted, create a personal race roaster account or log in with an existing account
- Choose your desired race distance, filled in the required fields, then agree to the waiver
- Indicate whether or not you are a Scotiabank employee; if yes fill in the necessary fields
- Once at the Scotiabank Charity Challenge section, choose "yes" and select "Vancouver Urban Ministries"
- Enter our Charity Pin Code to make sure you get the sweet discount! "18VUM21K" if you are running the half-marathon, and "18VUM5K" if you are running the 5k
- Under "I would like to create a fundraising account or make a donation", choose to "create a fundraising account" to create a place for others to donate
- Create a username, passcode, fundraising goal and submit any personal donations
- Complete your registration at the checkout
- Happy training and fundraising!
What if I can't run?
You can still support VUM by:
- Keeping us in your prayer as we fundraise for adding 10 more children into our program!
- Donate to our fundraising page! Our goal is to raise $10,000. You can donate to David's Fundraising Page at: https://secure.e2rm.com/